Monday, July 13, 2009

You only turn 30 once....

There is nothing quite like having girlfriends. The friendship, the trust, the silliness, the tears, the guidance, knowing you can pick up the phone and have a supportive voice on the other end......Well, my group of high school friends turn/turned 30 within a few months of each other, so we celebrated with a girls day and night in Memphis (plus one 38 year old, ha ha Sara!) I should add that Kendra was with us for the massage and lunch, but had a baby to get home to, and we forgot to take a picture before she left!! We started with a full body massage, grabbed some lunch, checked in the hotel, hung out at the pool, had 6 people get ready with one shower and 2 blow dryers, then took the trolley to Spindini for some awesome italian food. We had planned to check out Beale Street after dinner, but I think we are in agreement, that 30 year olds just aren't made to stay up much past 11:00!!! Thanks girls for a great day, and we will definitely do it again next year, we deserve it!



These sweet girls gave me this gift for planning the day...Lane asked me where I got it and I told her my friends gave it to me at out birtday party and she said, " oh, it's your goodie bag!"




















































5 comments:

Christi said...

Hate that I missed it! Now that you've caught up to me (because we all know I'm only 30-hee, hee!,) I propose that we continue the tradition next year with another "30th" birthday party. When we're 40, we'll still celebrate our 30th!

Life As We Know IT said...

oh, i hate i missed it. i love you girls!

Allison said...

Looks like fun. Sad I was out of town. Hopefully I will be able to make the next "girls outing"!

Georgia said...

Thanks again for planning everything for our wonderful outing. I had so much fun. I still say that we should may this a yearly tradition.

Kendra said...

Looking forward to next year! My guess is that I will be more than willing (and ready) to spend the night away by then!!!