I don't spend much time blogging, except to share pictures to print in my yearbook. I wish I made more time to blog. But since I am "caught up" for now, I wanted to do a "Thankful List" for the this year's thanksgiving season:
I am thankful:
1. That I know my creator, God. I have a relationship with Him. I yearn to know him more. I disapoint Him, I mess up daily, and he loves me anyway. I don't fully understand Him, but I know His spirit is with me to help me understand him more each day. I am thankful that I have the Bible.
2. for my husband. He loves me, I have never once in the last 19 years doubted that. No, he is not perfect...but I'd sure like to be more like him. It was not by chance that I met him...Thank you God.
3. for 3 healthy, smart, happy, bad, loud, mess making children- 2 girls and 1 boy. Some days I don't know how I do it, raising kids is so much work. But other days, I just look at them and want to hold them and kiss them. I am thankful that they are 3, 8, and 9...wonderful ages.
4. for our families. My parents who sacrificed so much for me, who would do anything for me, and who love me unconditionally; and I love having brothers (and Jason's family...I wouldn't know what to do if I was an only child, it's fun to share life with them). And for Rob's family- the in-laws, who are not in-laws to me. I love these people dearly.....really. I do. They have taught me a lot and always shown me love.
5. for our church and church family. Sinners.....who have helped me to grow and where my life has been transformed into something it wasn't before. Rob and I are growing to change our priorities and there really is no place we'd rather be than there.
6. for the ability to run. Can't explain it to those who don't run...it can seem insane. But the physical (stress) release of running carries me through life with a different type of passion. I may not always be able to run...but I am thankful that today, I can. I also love massages for stress relief.
7. for vacations. I love to travel. With Rob, with the kids, with family, with friends. It's hard for me to turn down a trip. I love to sleep in a (nice) hotel bed. I love to fly on airplanes. I love the beach, I love snow. I love big cities. I do not love museums.
8. freshly bathed children. Nothing I love more than for my dirty kids to get their baths/showers at the end of the day. Nothing like the smell of shampoo and clean pajamas. And I am NOT a germaphobe, at all. I just like bathed children. It is rare for me to let anyone skip a bath around here.
9. for work. for vocation- for a paycheck to help support my family. I like to help people. My job is (usually) rewarding and I am thankful for a great career.
10. for food. I like to cook, I like to eat out, I like to teach my kids about food (and healthy choices- although I don't always live by example:) yes, I am thin, but I enjoy my food!
Happy Thanksgiving! Laura
Thursday, November 21, 2013
Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Tuesday, November 19, 2013
Lots of fun for Halloween as usual.....
|Church Trunk or Treat|
|Belle and Izzy|
|2 butterflies and a peacock|
|Baby Nora in Lane's pumpkin suit|
|Uncle Si...happy, happy, happy|
|Beautiful Belle...with brown hair!|
|"Uncle Russell and Ms. Nancy"|
|Trick or treating with friends|
Monday, November 18, 2013
Another great weekend at NaCoMe. When we left Bo said "Why would someone not come to NaCoMe?" That sums it up- especially for the kids. Next year I am going to check them out of school early so we can get there earlier! It's over so fast:( We had a great group of folks (kids outnumbering adults), and made lots of memories. It was complete with the usual - campfire with smores, canoeing and hiking (or running for me), board games (with the added fun of "Carcasonne" thanks to the Gregory's this year - ha!), plus some new things like a scavenger hunt and a slack line! It was really warm this year - which I liked, but most everyone else wanted jacket weather back! Looking forward to 2014!
|Can you say...slackline?? More interesting games from the Gregory's!|
|Carcassone or "Roads and Bridges"|