Monday, January 19, 2009

Wonderful Maker

No, I am not obsessed with the sun....but I am also not going to deny God!! I know these pictures aren't as good as the sunrise ones I posted the other day....nonetheless, here is last night's sunset. I went running at about 5:00 yesterday, and as I turned around on Hall road when I got to Hwy 59, this is the sunset I saw (not quite as gorgeous as that red sky sunrise, but still pretty nice).....but to top it off, right as I saw it, my IPOD (which was on shuffle songs) started playing "Wonderful Maker" (this is an old hym in contemporary style). I listened to every word of the song and wanted to share it with you:

You spread out the skies over empty space
Said, "let there be light"
To a dark and formless world
Your light was born
You spread out your arms over empty hearts
Said, "let there be light"
To a dark and hopeless world
Your son was born
You made the world and saw that it was good
You sent your only son, for you are good

What a wonderful maker
What a wonderful saviour
How majestic your whispers
And how humble your love
With a strength like no other
And the heart of a father
How majestic your whispers
What a wonderful God
No eye has fully seen how beautiful the cross
And we have only heard the faintest whispers
Of how great you are
you made the world and saw that it was good
you sent your only son for you are good

If you have time, you can watch Jeremy Camp's video on "you tube"....amazing, it uses the imagery of a sunrise/set!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoYWDCwxExs

Also, worth mentioning and reminding myself of, is the fact that our Sunday school class yesterday was on "Resting in God"....and I went to a worship service last night (with some good friends from church) out at Pinecrest that was in honor of some of our youth....and the message that was recurring was "resting in God", creating space for him.....OKAY, so I am getting the message God, I'll try to do better

(By the way, the reason the pictures don't really do it justice, is because I am not a fast runner!! It was starting to get dark by the time I saw it, so I ran fast down Hall Road, back to the house to get my camera before it was completely gone, God, if you would give me that 7 minute mile I've always wanted, I could have done a better job capturing a picture of your sunset!!)





No comments: