Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Preschool Mornings....






Some memories from our mornings between 6:30 and 7:00, the time when I get Lane and Bo ready for school everyday..... (I warn you this is boring for anyone who is not me, but it's my memories to capture, so read at your own risk of boredom!!) I was just watching them this morning and thinking that this would be their only year in preschool together to get to be together in the mornings on the same schedule and it made me want to snap a couple of pictures and write about it.

I'll start by remembering Lane last year (when Bo got to sleep in since Miss Summer was there to keep him in the mornings...first of all "Shuckybear" (what a terrible nickname Rob has given her..) is not a morning princess, more like a sunrise grouchy bear.....I drag her out of the bed, take her downstairs, sit her on the potty (she usually can't hold herself up because she is still asleep, so she leans on me while sitting on the potty), then she does this cute 'i am still asleep', stumble walk into the living room(which I have video taped because I never want to forget that cute little hair all messed up, stumbling walk!), I turn on the t.v. (last year "Little Einstein's was the 6:30 show), and coax her into staying awake, which she sometimes does, and sometimes she stays asleep. Then I would dress her like a baby doll (and sit her in the booster seat for breakfast, which usually she'd finish on the bus with Miss Delores (who is such a sweet smiling face for us every morning!). By the way, we started out last year fighting most mornings over what she'd wear (she likes "sassy" and I like "sweet" (ask KK, she knows from my shopping at the Freckled Frog, how picky my 4 year old is (and was when she was 2 and 3!), nonethless, I got some advice laying out choices on Sunday night and letting here choose the night before, so that is what we do, and it works beautifully. That was last year, and most of that routine has carried onto this year!

So, on to this year, it is virtually the same with Lane, and quite different with Bo, he wakes up hugging and kissing me and then he starts in that he doesn't like his clothes (he is so hard headed that he doesn't even like to choose between my choices, he wants to pick all by himself!), but he gets over it,dresses himself (has never let me help!) and goes and watches "Mickey Clubhouse" with Lane. We then go eat breakfast and I kiss them and put them on the bus (still our sweet Miss Delores)!



Most mornings in our routine are good, but we do have some rough ones too.....I can remember giving multiple spankings and time outs to both kids in the same morning (in a 30 minute span) on occassion!

Thank you Lane and Bo for these morning memories....






2 comments:

nicole said...

Sweet! Busy mornings, huh? But good memories! Bo reminds me of Jonah with his TWO stuffed animals! Jonah loves his monkey and puppy and they have to be with him upon going to sleep and waking up!

Kendra said...

There's nothing sweeter than a sleepy-eyed child...precious pics!