Tuesday, January 20, 2009

January 20, 2009......History


When I look back at my memory book from 2009, I want to remember today. The inauguration of the 44th President of the United States. I have been watching the pre-inauguration activities this weekend, and it has made me even more proud of this country and excited about the possibilities than I was when Obama won the election. I loved the inaugural concert, and to see black and white come together and so much open conversation about togetherness and being an American (not a black or white)....watching those singers (old, young, country, rock, rap, black, white), I hope was just a taste of what is to come! I have butterflies in my stomach when I think about it! President Obama was just sworn in and the proceedings of today were amazing to watch, to see how many millions of people gathered to be a part of it. May God give this man all that he needs in the coming years to serve this country, and may he give us as the citizens the courage to follow him and be engaged in our government.....

1 comment: