Monday, July 26, 2010

She's in heaven....


On Sunday before she died on Thursday, baby Kate laid there with her in the hospital bed for an hour! And Memaw gave her a special "faith, hope, love" necklace.




We lost a special part of our family this weekend (July 23, 2010) and we celebrated her life today....Memaw (Mr. Bobby's mother) was a fine christian women (and proud Presbyterian at that), a loving mother and grandmother, a professional cake baker, she loved to listen to her christian music and read the bible. She opinionated and stubborn, quiet, but strong. I was blessed to know her for the last 16 years and have enjoyed hearing stories about her in the years prior to that. She was sooo proud of our new baby girl, her namesake, and wanted to see her every chance she could. I am so glad she was able to meet her. Her best friend told me at the funeral, "Little Kate has a lot to live up to!" Lane and Bo had their first real "funeral experience" with Memaw's death and they handled everything so well. Lots of questions and lots of growth in knowledge of their Savior. After I prayed with them the night she died, Lane said, "She just heard everything you said because she is up there with God!" and tonight when Bo prayed he ended it with "I love you Memaw." They certainly believe she is sitting in heaven with Jesus right now.

3 comments:

Christi said...

I hadn't heard. I'm so sorry.

Kate said...

so sorry for your loss. Saying a prayer for all of you.

nicole said...

I think it's so special that Kate is her namesake. I know that made her happy. Thinking about your family...