Friday, October 26, 2012

A special 7 year old birthday

Bo had a pretty special birthday, considering he was playing for the T-ball state championship on his birthday...but that also meant a cancelled birthday party that we had scheduled with his friend, Jonah (who is 1 day older than him) ...(remember all that rain but our games a day behind, so we  were supposed to be home for the party, but that didn't happen).  So, he had a sleepover the next weekend with a few best buds.  Complete with pizza, game of backyard baseball, and a movie.  


Love (and hate) the mohawk view in this pic).  







Bo,

I look at you somedays and have memories of what a bad baby you were or what a hyperactive toddler you were..how I worried that you would struggle in school because you couldn't be still and pay attention (but you were no comparison to the fast paced, can't sit still body of your little sister- I think you helped me prepare for her).....but now I see how (nearly) perfect (to me) you are.  There is definitely some connection to a momma and her boy that people told me about that I am starting to understand.  I want to protect you from ever feeling hurt or saddness so much....but I know you will have to so, I try my best to prepare you for the things of this world.  
    You have become a great student and I don't worry about you paying attention in class anymore!  You are a kind friend, and I think it is natural for you to feel compassion for others.  
   You definitely got some athletic ability from somebody (maybe you got the little bit that I had and it was magnified in you) and combine that will your daddy's competitive edge and sports brain...it is proving to be a good (and bad at times, when you lose) combination on the ball field (and court).  You ran your first 5K this week and got a 3rd place medal (Against 8-9 year olds).  I love to watch you play (anything).  
  I pray for your  your future, you future wife (which you told Lane yesterday that you would never have:), your safety, and most of all I pray for your relationship with Jesus.  I remind myself daily that you are mine for a while to keep for Him.  If you do nothing else in life- I pray that you know Jesus.  
Love, Momma




No comments: