Monday, August 31, 2009

Weekend visitor

(by the way this picture was taken at 6:00 am before she left for school with Rob, hence the squinty eyes!)

Lane was chosen (drawn out of a hat!) to be star of the week in Ms. Lesile's class this week. You know she can be pretty shy at times, so I think it was a great experience for her get to be the first one and share something with the class each day. The week actually started this weekend, when "Lizzy the Lizard" came home to spend the weekend with us. She came in a bag with her sleeping bag, journal, book, and toothbrush. Lane brushed her teeth, read her the book, and put her to sleep each night. This is soooooo Lane; she loves to take care of anything....animals, babies, plants, bugs! She wrote in her journal about Lizzy going to a football game with us and playing doctor with Lizzy. I also got to eat lunch with the star of the week on Wednesday. It was so strange (but good!) to be eating lunch with my child at school! Her daddy even got to sit down with us for a minute, which was a nice treat. I hope the rest of the class takes good care of Lizzy like we did!


By the way, here is a funny story on her....a few weeks ago we were driving in the car and Lane said to Bo, (don't know how the conversation started) "you know Bo, he is special like the typicals." Bo said, "what's a typical Lane?" She said, "Well, at school, some kids are special and need us to help them a little more, you know, "typicals...." (at her special needs preschooI, there are kids with disabilities and "typical kids" ; I thought this was so sweet, that she has the two mixed up! I love the heart that she has for kids with special needs, it seems so natural for her to love them. One of the related arts teachers at her school told me a story about her taking extra time and attention with a student in her class that needs some extra help. I remember in her 3 year old preschool class, there was a litte boy, that really loved Lane and always wanted to hug her, but he was a little rough. One day she had a scratch on her face where he had scratched her when he was trying to hug her and when I asked her about it, she didn't want to talk about it because she didn't want him to get in trouble. I think God has blessed her with that gift!

I need to remember her sweetness when I want to pull my hair out for her stubborness!!



No comments: