Friday, January 31, 2014

Christmas Season 2012

Another Christmas season, what a blessed time of year- through celebrating Christ's birth, I get to do things I love to do....be with those I love more, see my kids enjoy themselves, eat lots of great food, shop....

The advent season has started to take a hold of me a little more each year as I get older and gain understanding. Since joing the Pres church, for years I just knew we lit candles and read scripture....amazing what you can miss if you aren't seeking out more.  I love the emphasis that our church places on our "waiting" for Christ.    I am thankful God is giving me the grace to see the season morefor what it is and I pray that I can live in light of that.
A Christmas Eve photo op



The 3rd annual "Uncle Chad's Parade of Golf Carts"


A movie with friends on the last day of school....we thought it started at 1....well, it was 2:30,  so these kids sat in this lobby for 1.5 hours....bet those folks wish they would have put that movie on some screen at 1:00!!

School Christmas parties




Santa and his girls




pretty girls


the ferris wheel at the zoo....Kate had been watching a "Barney" episode with a ferris wheel and kept talking about it....so we spent the $5 to ride when we went to the zoo in December!

Buddy and his antics...again this year!





Ralph girl trip to "Charlene's" in Halls

cousin fun!



2 kids that were terrified of him made for an exciting Santa visit!!



3 very special women in my life:)


Some of the newman cousins

Uncle Phillip and his gals






Just beautiful:)







Lane's Santa presents

Kate's Santa presents

Bo's Santa presents





No comments: