Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Baby fat



I read Nicole's post about the paci before I posted this and now I am feel even more devastation than I did!! I am not ready to think about taking Kate's paci away....
Anyway, for Lane's birthday (in March) we are "redecorating" her room.  It is now pink with princess pictures on the wall.  I took down the princess pictures (from Disney when she was 3) tonight so we can paint on our snow day tomorrow....and it absolutely ached to take down that princess stuff and hear her say to Bo when he asked why I was taking them down, "I don't like princess anymore."  When I showed them to Rob, he said, "look at that baby fat". (by the way, I didn't take the time to find these on a disk, I just snapped a picture of the picture to post).   I looked at her sweet little hands and saw what he meant.  She is soon to be 7 and highly opinionated about what she wants in her room (we have had a few arguments...she won over the bedspread and I won over the furniture...$60 vs $1000!!) Anyway, 7...I mean seven....seven....really?  It hurts watching Kate grow up when I look at Lane and Bo.  Days are tough, but they are so numbered.  God, please help me enjoy each day and cherish each personality you have given me in my children.

3 comments:

Christi said...

What sounds really weird about it is that we're old enough to have 7 year olds! Guess time does fly when you're having fun!

3 "A's" and a "B" said...

awwww...they have grown up so much since we moved here!!! I can't believe we are all turning 7 this year. that is just too old for me...I finally posted on my blog but for some reason it's not showing up that I updated on yours.??? what color did ya'll paint?

Kendra said...

Do you know what I ran across in all the moving and unpacking? My old (very first) digital camera. What was on the CF card? Newborn pictures of Lane! They were so sweet. I can't believe she's almost 7. As we talked about the other night, I understand the feeling. As Coco enters the world of Tinkerbell and digital handheld entertainment, I see my baby growing up and I don't like it either! Can't wait to see pics of the new room!